Monday 30 September 2013

POST 2: A COUNTRY I'D LIKE TO VISIT



“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” This quote was written by St. Augustine and I absolutely agree with him on this one. Travelling is one of the things I enjoy the most in life. I’ve been to many places but Guatemala is one of the countries I have always wanted to visit but have never been to.

I’d like to visit Guatemala because I have heard lots of people say that antigua and Chichicastenango –two of the most important touristic places there- are even more colourful and interesting than some Mexican cities that I have already visited. Antigua is a city which was destroyed by an earthquake centuries ago, but then it was rebuilt and became the most beautiful colonial Guatemalan city, and Chichicastenango is a place that has an important market where you can buy good fruit and vegetables, along with high quality handcraft –which is something I’m very interested in.
If I went there I would like to walk around the places, eat in nice restaurants, talk to the locals, visit the museums and buy some textiles and pottery. However I wouldn’t like to work or live there, because I think that after spending a few months there I would probably get bored -I’m a city person and I would surely miss the things that a big city like Santiago can offer.
As the saying goes: Where there's a will, there's a way, so I'm saving money and one day lady luck will knock at my door and help me make another dream come true.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> o <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
What about you? Is there a place you have always wanted to visit but haven't had the chance?
Today you’re supposed to write about a country you would like to visit. Make sure you answer these questions when you write your post.
- Which country would you like to go to? Why?
- What do you know about it?
- What would you like to do there?
- Would you like to study/work/live there? Explain.

Remember to make comments on 3 of your classmates’ posts and to write 170 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.