Monday 21 October 2013

POST 5: VIDEO GAMES



Computer games are nothing but a waste of time! Any plan is better than spending time in front of your computer doing something completely worthless. If you are addictive to this kind of passtime you had better start planning something more productive and exciting, such as interacting with people around you and living your own life.
When I got my first computer, back in the mid nineties, there were some games included in the hard disc programs. I innocently started to play these games for some fifteen minutes a day, but without realizing the time spent on games soon soared to a couple of hours a day. There was a game in which doors opened and you had to cross them to find some trasures, but sometimes some mad dogs or soldiers (mad as well) attacked you, so you had to defend yourself by shooting them dead. After a three or four-months’ time I realized that all my dreams were about doors; wherever I went in my dreams doors would open and close in front and behind me. It was then when I decided not to play computer games any more; they were absolutely interfering with my subconscious.
These days I’ve been trying to cut down the time I spend facebooking. I think that spending an hour a day on facebook is also an addiction, and I prefer talking with my friends face to face rather than just seeing them on my computer screen. -Of course the exception are my friends who live far away from me.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 0 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

This week you have decided to write about video games. Please, choose some of the questions below to express your views on this topic.

-Do you use computers to play video games?

If your answer was a Yes, answer the following:
-How old were you when you played your first video game?
-What is your top one favourite video game?
-Who do you typically play with?
-How many hours a day/ a weeek do you typically spend playing video games?
-Do you skip sleep just to finish your game?
-Do you prefer playing games to going out or spending time with your family or friends?

If your answer was a No, aswer the following questions?
-Have you ever played a computer game? If so, what was it like?
-Do you consider video games something productive or a waste of time?
-Why don’t you play computer games?
-What do you think of people who spend time playing computer games.
-Do you think computer games could be used productively? How?
-How do you have fun with your computer?

You are expected to write a minimum of 220 words and leave a comment on 3 of your classmates’ posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.